The contenders learn what stands between them and the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League trophy.
Draws have been held at UEFA headquarters plotting the path for the 16 contenders to the UEFA Europa League final on August 21 in Cologne. Venues, dates and kick-off times will be confirmed as soon as possible.
1. Wolfsburg (GER) / Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) vs Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Basel (SUI)
2. LASK (AUT) / Manchester United (ENG) vs Istanbul Basaksehir (TUR) / Copenhagen (DEN)
3. Internazionale Milano (ITA) / Getafe (ESP) vs Rangers (SCO) / Leverkusen (GER)
4. Olympiacos (GRE) / Wolves (ENG) vs Sevilla (ESP) / Roma (ITA)
1. Winner quarterfinal 4 vs winner quarterfinal 2
2. Winner quarterfinal 3 vs winner quarterfinal 1
The winner of semifinal 1 was drawn as the home team – for administrative purposes – for the final in Cologne, Germany on Friday, August 21.
The quarterfinals, semifinals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament across four cities in Germany in August: Cologne, Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen. All these ties will be single-leg fixtures.
• Manchester United beat FC Copenhagen 3-0 at Old Trafford in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group stage – but lost the return 1-0 in Denmark.
• Shakhtar were eliminated from last season’s UEFA Europa League by Eintracht Frankfurt, going down 4-1 in the round of 32 second leg in Germany after a 2-2 home draw.
• Rangers and Inter have each won one of the sides’ previous knockout ties, with the Italian team picking up four points (1-0 h, 1-1 a) against the Scottish club in their most recent fixtures, in the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• While Wolves have never played Sevilla, they have had success against Spanish opposition in this season’s competition, Diogo Jota scoring a hat-trick in a 4-0 home victory over Espanyol in the round of 32 first leg – a tie the English side won 6-3 on aggregate.
How the draws worked
It was an open draw, so there was no seeding or country protection.
August 5/6: Round of 16 (kick-off 18:55, 21:00 CET)
August 10/11: Quarterfinals (21:00 CET)
August 16/17: Semifinals (21:00 CET)
August 21: Final (21:00 CET)