Following consultation and a joint FIFA/AFC interview process, in person during a joint mission on March 6, the composition of the normalisation committee for the Iraq Football Association (IFA) has been confirmed.
The normalisation committee is as follows:
- Mr Eyad Bonyan Mohammed Al Nadawi (Chairperson)
- Mr Shamil Kamil Mohammed Al Jajanee (Deputy Chairperson)
- Mr Ahmed Mohammed Ali Kamel (Member)
- Mr Asaad Lazim Ali Al Hamadani (Member)
- Mr Rafid Abdulameer Naji Mubarak (Member – provided he resigns with immediate effect as president of the Babylon Football Association and provides proof of this)
The mandate of the normalisation committee will include the following:
- to run the IFA’s daily affairs;
- to determine the applicable IFA Statutes and, if needed, revise them to ensure their compliance with the FIFA Statutes; and
- to organise and conduct elections of a new IFA Executive Committee for a four-year term.
Although the members of the normalisation committee will assume their duties with immediate effect, they will still be requested to pass an eligibility check to be carried out by the FIFA Review Committee in accordance with the FIFA Governance Regulations. Their confirmation will be contingent upon the outcome of the eligibility check.
As the normalisation committee will also act as an electoral committee, none of its members can be eligible for any of the open positions in the elections under any circumstances.
The specified period of time during which the normalisation committee will perform its functions shall expire no later than six months after its members have been appointed or as soon as it has fulfilled all of its tasks.