The finalists for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019, world football’s premium awards event, have been announced in Milan, where the winners will be crowned at the Teatro alla Scala on September 23, 2019.
This season’s nominees were revealed at a media event held at the San Siro stadium in the presence of FIFA Legends Laura Georges, Patrizia Panico, Santiago Solari and Gianluca Zambrotta.
The shortlisted candidates for The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2019 are:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona)
- Virgil van Dijk (Netherlands/Liverpool)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
- Lucy Bronze (England/Olympique Lyonnais)
- Alex Morgan (USA/Orlando Pride)
- Megan Rapinoe (USA/Reign FC)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
- Pep Guardiola (Spain/Manchester City)
- Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Liverpool)
- Mauricio Pochettino (Argentina/Tottenham Hotspur)
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
- Jill Ellis (USA/USA national team)
- Phil Neville (England/English national team)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands/Dutch national team)
The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper:
- Alisson Becker (Brazil/Liverpool)
- Ederson (Brazil/Manchester City)
- Marc-André ter Stegen (Germany/Barcelona)
The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper
- Christiane Endler (Chile/Paris Saint-Germain)
- Hedvig Lindahl (Sweden/Chelsea/VfL Wolfsburg)
- Sari van Veenendaal (Netherlands/Arsenal/Atlético Madrid)
FIFA Puskás Award:
- Lionel Messi (ARG) – Real Betis v. FC Barcelona [La Liga] (17 March 2019)
- Juan Fernando Quintero (COL) – River Plate v. Racing Club [Superliga Argentina] (10 February 2019
- Dániel Zsóri (HUN) – Debrecen FC v Ferencváros TC [Hungarian First Division] (16 February 2019)
FIFA Fan Award*:
- Silvia Grecco (Brazilian mother who vividly describes Palmeiras matches to her blind son).
- Netherlands fans (the incredible Dutch fans at the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019).
- Justo Sánchez (Uruguayan father who does not miss a single game of his team’s rival in loving memory of his deceased son).
*FIFA.com users have until 23 September to vote for their favourite> and determine the winner of the FIFA Fan Award.
The shortlist of 55 names for the FIFA FIFPro Men’s World11 will be announced on FIFA’s and FIFPro’s digital channels on September 5 at 13:00 CET.
In 2019 – the year of an unforgettable FIFA Women’s World Cup – for the first time, footballers from around the world will also vote for a FIFA FIFPro Women’s World11, the 55-name shortlist of which will be revealed on September 4 at 13:00 CET.
Join the discussion about who should win this year’s awards by using the hashtag #TheBest.