The hugely-anticipated FIFA eWorld Cup 2019 kicked off with a bang at The O2 in London with 32 of the world’s leading players starting their path to global glory.
Amidst a stunning setting at the iconic arena in the British capital, Day One witnessed Rounds 1-5 of the group stage unfold which produced plenty of drama and a gluttony of goals over 40 games.
It leaves everything perfectly poised for a scintillating second day of action, which will see the culmination of the groups where the top four players from each group will advance to the knockouts.
Stat of the day
- 610 – The number of goals scored over 40 matches on the opening day of the FIFA eWorld Cup.
- 32 – ‘Zezinho’ showed how clinical he is in front of goal, ending the day having bagged 32 goals – the most of any player – followed closely by ‘MoAuba’ with 31.
- +14 – The best goal difference of the day (‘MsDossary’).
Provisional Media Schedule – Day 2 (3 Aug)
Provisional timings for matches and media opportunities include:
- 11:00-15:30: Final Group Stage matches
- 15:30-16:00: Mixed Zone Media Session
- 16:00-19:00: Round of 16 and Quarter-Finals
- 19:00-19:30: Mixed Zone Media Session (Losing players only)
- 19:30-21:00: Press conference with the semi-finalists as well as with EA SPORTS and FIFA representatives
*All times local time.