In celebration of International Women’s Day, iSportconnect – the largest global private network of sport business executives held a special women’s panel to discuss topics such as female player participation and gender equality.
Unknown to the audience, iSportconnect had a guest speaker, Micky Lawler who awed the audience on her take on the matter via a video message.
This panel engaged the audience due to its great topics. In addition to the celebrations and with the help of a panel of experts, a list of influential women in sport was selected – please see below:
– Anna Hellman (Director, Thinksport)
– Julie Clark (Head of Sport & Leisure, PwC)
– Simon Chadwick (Co-Director of Centre for Sport Business, Salford University)
– Aarti Dabas (Head of Media Rights, Broadcast & Digital, ICC)
– Liz Birchall (Head of Communications, UK Athletics)
– Fredda Hurwitz (CMO, Redpeg Marketing)
– Sally Hancock (Managing Partner, Y Sport)
– Anna Lockwood (Head of Market Development, Broadcast Services, Telstra)
Steve Elworthy from ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 commented, “I found it extremely insightful. It was a wonderful session. I thought The Celebration Of Women In Sport Panel about the leadership, the involvement, the inclusive nature of where we are going in sport, particularly women in sport hugely enlightening.”
This unique event held at BMA House presented beautiful views overlooking the courtyard for the exclusive 140 attendees. The attendees from a selection of different sectors all came together to discuss and network over the industry’s current environment.
Following the success of the Women’s Panel, Steve Brown gave his take on the subject of women whilst discussing women’s participation in rugby. There was a range of key themes addressed such as OTT and the evolution of Rugby.
iSportconnect will be holding a second London Directors’ Club in December. However, prior to the December, there will be a range of Masterclasses.