Leicester City and Manchester United are the latest Premier League clubs to confirm attendance at the Premier League LIVE event, which takes place in Bengaluru on Saturday/Sunday, October 14/15. Nine Premier League clubs will bring legends and a whole host of fun activities to the event to give fans a fantastic football experience.
Manchester United legend Ronny Johnsen will be on hand on Saturday to meet with fans, sign autographs and help bring a small piece of Old Trafford to India at the dedicated club zone. Leicester City former player Gerry Taggart will be taking part in his club’s zone, where fans will be able to follow the story of the 2015/16 Premier League champions.
Arsenal legend and former FC Goaplayer Robert Pires will return to India to meet local Premier League fans, where he will be joined by former Everton star Graham Stuart. Other former Premier League stars already confirmed to attend include Alan Shearer, John Barnes, Paul Dickov and Shay Given.
Manchester United and Leicester City are the latest clubs to confirm they will have a bespoke fan experience area at Premier League LIVE. Other clubs that will be at the event include Arsenal, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City and FC Watford.
Graham Stuart said, “This is a terrific event and it gives every invited Premier League club an opportunity to showcase what they are all about. The supporters in the local area head to the fan park and it makes for a great atmosphere, particularly when the matches being played over that weekend are shown live. It was successful in Mumbai and Cape Town in previous years – both events which I attended – so I’m fully expecting it to be just as good this time in Bengaluru because the fans in India are so enthusiastic about football.”
Gerry Taggart said, “I’m very much looking forward to meeting Leicester City and Premier League fans in Bengaluru at Premier League Live. This type of event shows just how much of an impact football has globally and I can’t wait to soak up the atmosphere in amongst the crowds at KTPO.”
Manchester United Legend, Ronny Johnsen said, “Manchester United has almost 35 million followers in India and each time we visit the growth in football’s popularity is clear to see. The fans are some of the most passionate around and I am really looking forward to meeting some of them on Saturday. There is nothing like watching a game with a crowd of like-minded fans and this weekend will be a fantastic atmosphere for one of the most anticipated games in the football calendar.”
The fan park is designed to bring a Premier League experience to fans in India. There will be a giant screen showing live match day action including Liverpool FC v Manchester United.
Other activities at Premier League Live will include:
· Live entertainment – Live screening of five Premier League matches and local music acts and DJs
· Premier League 360 – through Virtual Reality headsets fans can experience the excitement of a Premier League match day. From arriving at the stadium to the players stepping onto the pitch to the roar of the crowds
· The Kick Lab – fans can measure their kicking speed and accuracy and compare with Premier League players
· Striker Sprint – invites fans to sprint the length of a specially made track, avoiding obstacles to finish in the fastest time possible
· Premier League Trophy Tour – an immersive zone that gives fans an educational and entertaining Premier League experience and the opportunity for a photo with the Premier League Trophy
· My Premier League – Photo booths that will create your own personalised Topps playing card
· Shirt names and numbers – fans can bring their official club shirt to be printed with a Premier League player’s name – for free
Fans can register at www.premierleague.com/pl-live