Thursday , September 24 2020
Home / Indian Football / Second Division League / Mohammedan Sporting in talks with potential investor!

Mohammedan Sporting in talks with potential investor!

According to media reports, Kolkata giants Mohammedan Sporting Club are said to be in advanced stage of discussions with a potential investor, who is said to be from the UK.

The deal is said to be in final stages of negotiations, which could see Mohammedan Sporting hold 51% in the new entity and the new partner the other 49%.

An unnamed official told PTI, “First we will need to qualify for I-League and then we will think about appearing in the ISL. As far as investors are concerned, discussions are ongoing. Let us see how things pan out.”

It would be interesting to see how this develops as the Black Panthers Maidan rivals Mohun Bagan AC had earlier this year teamed up with ATK to play in the upcoming ISL, while East Bengal Club just have tied-up with Shree Cement to follow the Mariners into the ISL, which remains the league which Mohammedan Sporting aim for despite being only in the Second Division League, the third tier of Indian football.

Currently Mohammedan Sporting are preparing their newly put together squad ahead of the upcoming Second Division League final round.

About Arunava Chaudhuri

Check Also

FC Bengaluru United confident ahead of I-League Qualifier 2020!

The I-League Qualifier 2020 is set to kick-off in Kolkata and Kalyani from October 8, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *