As Seattle Sounders FC prepares to celebrate 10 years in Major League Soccer in 2019, the club has announced an exciting move both for the team and professional soccer in Seattle: A new jersey front sponsorship deal with locally-based online retailer Zulily.
A company driven by attentive customer service in the digital age, Zulily is headquartered in Seattle, with corporate offices in Ohio as well as distribution centers in Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and China. In addition to its new relationship with the Rave Green, Zulily is also partnering with National Women’s Soccer League side Seattle Reign FC. The partnership marks Sounders FC’s first new kit sponsor since joining MLS in 2009, ushering in a historic new era for the sport in the Puget Sound region, as both men’s and women’s professional teams unite under one community-focused partner.
ZULILY PARTNERSHIP FAST FACTS
- Zulily becomes just the second kit partner in Sounders FC’s history, initiating a new multi-year agreement between the two organizations.
- After a nationwide search for its next jersey front partner, Sounders FC is excited to partner with Zulily, maintaining the Rave Green’s local Seattle roots and drawing upon Zulily’s recognition of passion, innovation and community.
- Zulily’s partnership with Sounders FC includes the online retailer’s logo on all First Team match jerseys, team travel jackets, rain and stadium jackets and official team polo shirts.
- Zulily’s brand is also set to feature on Sounders FC Academy jerseys in the future, beginning at the U-12 level in the Sounders Discovery Program and advancing up to the U-16 and U-18 U.S. Soccer Development Academy squads.
- Zulily is also partnering with Reign FC as the NWSL side’s presenting partner, unifying both of Seattle’s professional soccer teams and showcasing a deep commitment to both the sport and community.
- Zulily’s logo will appear on the primary and secondary jerseys of the First Team squads for both Sounders FC and Reign FC.
“When searching for our next primary kit partner, we approached the process thoughtfully and with considerations beyond merely the front of our jersey,” said Sounders FC Owner Adrian Hanauer. “In Zulily, we have found a first class, Seattle-based organization that is not only invested in our community, but has made meaningful commitments to the growth of our sport throughout the region. Today’s news doesn’t just impact the future of Sounders FC, but it also supports youth soccer across the Puget Sound and the women’s game for years to come. Zulily’s desire to unify both professional franchises under one banner was something that stood out to us during this process, and speaks directly to our communal approach to the game in Seattle. On behalf of Sounders FC and our fan base, we could not be more thrilled to welcome Zulily into the Rave Green family.”
Hanauer continues, “I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank Xbox on behalf of the club. As they hand the torch to Zulily as our primary jersey-front partner, there is no question that our colleagues at Microsoft and Xbox played key roles in successfully launching our organization within Major League Soccer. We are grateful to them for their many contributions to our club.”