Saturday , March 25 2023

Bengaluru FC play out 1-1 draw against Golden Threads FC!

Bengaluru FC continued their unbeaten start to the 2022-23 2nd Division League with a 1-1 draw at the Bangalore Football Stadium on Friday. Ashish Jha’s early goal was canceled out by a 68th-minute strike from Bibake Thapa to share the points after an entertaining contest.

Earlier, head coach Kaizad Ambapardiwala made five changes to the lineup that featured from the previous game against FC Bengaluru United, with Fanai Lalremtluanga, Thoi Singh, Kamalesh Palanisamy, Harpreet Singh and goalkeeper Lara Sharma making their way to the starting lineup.

The Blue Colts started well and didn’t take long to get themselves in the lead as Jha headed home to put his side ahead in just the fifth minute. The winger found himself in the right position at the right time to nod in a cross from a free-kick by Fanai.

Ambapardiwala’s outfit proved to be the better of the two sides, creating more chances and carrying the larger threat. But their efforts were undone by the lack of end product in the final third.

Kamalesh should’ve doubled the lead, minutes shy off the break, when Fanai set the forward through on goal with an inch-perfect pass. But, the forward couldn’t slot the ball home past Golden Threads’ goalkeeper Vishnu who was quick to rush to the ball and make himself big to deny Kamalesh.

Into the second period, the two teams played out an even contest with tackles flying in and both sides testing the opponent ‘keeper time and again. Ambapardiwala sought to refresh his side’s approach in a bid to regain their lead, bringing on Shreyas Ketkar and Vinith Venkatesh to replace Damaitphang Lyngdoh and Lalhminchhuanga.

After missing a glorious chance to equalize in the 63rd minute, Thapa made amends for his miss by scoring just minutes later. The forward rose highest to head home from a cross by Harikrishna to get his side back into the game.

Shortly after coming on as a substitute, Vinith had to be taken off after suffering an injury with Satendra Singh being brought on to add more attacking firepower to the Blue Colts’ arsenal.

Thapa had another chance to get his side in the lead in the 86th minute when he looked set to smash home from close range. But Harpreet put his body on the line to deny the shot which threatened to ricochet off the player and into the net. A resulting skirmish saw the ball threatening to trickle in, before being cleared inches off the goalline by Wungngayam Muirang to save the Blue Colts’ blushes.

It proved to be a game of missed chances for both sides as they could not be separated on the scoreline with the points eventually shared.

The Blue Colts remain top of Group C and will next face Chennaiyin FC at the Bangalore Football Stadium on Thursday, March 23.

About Press Release

Check Also

Chennaiyin FC VIDEO: Training for the Super Cup!

The Chennaiyin FC first team squad are sweating it out in the gym under head …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *