Jamshedpur FC lose 0-2 to Bengaluru FC in Super Cup semifinals!

Jamshedpur FC went down fighting against Bengaluru FC as they were beaten 0-2 at the EMS Corporation Stadium in the Super Cup. An intense game between the two saw Bengaluru FC qualifying for the finals after beating the Men of Steel.

Jamshedpur FC came through with a close chance to take an early lead in the game. A rebound from a saved shot by Jay Emmanuel-Thomas landed at the feet of Daniel Chima Chukwu who tried to poke it in but Gurpreet Singh Sandhu made another save to keep the Men of Steel from taking the lead.

Despite a few close chances, the first 30 minutes of the game didn’t see any goals at either end of the pitch.

A competitive first 45 minutes came to an end in a stalemate as none of the sides broke the deadlock despite creating multiple chances.

The second half saw both sides going right at each other from the get-go with an aim to grab a lead over the other in the initial minutes.

Just as the game entered its one hour mark, Bengaluru FC drew first blood. A lob into the Jamshedpur FC box bounced off a defender which saw Jayesh Rane rising to the occasion to head it into the back of the net.

Jamshedpur FC unleashed a bunch of attacks but the Blues defence was compact enough to keep their lead alive.

As the game progressed into the final 10 minutes, Bengaluru FC extended their lead as a rebound from TP Rehenesh’s save was slammed in by Sunil Chettri.

Jamshedpur FC boss Aidy Boothroyd made a couple of tactical changes in order to try and get back in the crucial game but the Men of Steel were unable to strike back.

Jamshedpur FC exit the Super Cup with their heads held high after becoming the top scorers in the group stage and the only team to pick up a perfect nine points out of nine in the tournament.

About Press Release

Check Also

arunfoot: Candid Football Conversations #317 Indian Football Q&A!

Candid Football Conversations returns with me, Arunava Chaudhuri, and an open Indian Football Q&A session.