Leaders in Sport (“Leaders”), the premium conference and content platform for senior executives in global sport, announced today that Jimmy Worrall, founder and CEO, has been appointed to an executive advisory role as Chair of the company. Co-Founder, Simon Lau, has been appointed Vice Chair. In their new roles, Jimmy and Simon will dedicate their time to serving clients, representing the Leaders brand globally and providing strategic advice to its parent company, Leaders Group.
In a related move, Laura McQueen, Managing Director, will assume day to day responsibility of the company, overseeing product and service offerings, business development, team culture, as well as driving the collaboration with Leaders Group. Laura will report to Warren Thune, CEO of Leaders Group.
Jimmy commented, “On behalf of Simon and myself, I’d firstly like to thank Whitney Shaw, Chairman of the Leaders Group Board of Directors, and Warren Thune for embracing the Leaders vision and making the transition to new ownership an enjoyable and seamless one. We’d also like to thank the Leaders team for their passion, pride and hard work, especially over the last year. It’s been a wonderful 12 years starting, growing, selling and transitioning this business into, what we believe, is the world’s most connected network of senior executives in sport. In doing so, we hope to have made a difference to the industry. We’re equally excited that our new roles will allow us to continue that work and spend more time with Leaders’ clients and industry contacts.” He continued, “We’re grateful to, and excited for, Laura as she takes over the business’ operations. Her promotion is richly deserved and we look forward to supporting Laura and her team as they grow the business.”
Warren added, “Jimmy, Si, and the Leaders team have built an impressive business and have been outstanding partners to Leaders Group. We are excited about the impact they will continue to have in their new roles, primarily spending more time with customers. We look forward to leveraging Laura’s broad experience as the business furthers its mission of connecting global sports executives more widely and frequently.”
About Leaders in Sport
Leaders in Sport is the premium conference and content platform for leaders in world sport.
We do this by:
- Connecting people and ideas: running premium, invitation-only global summits and private networking forums for business executives and performance practitioners across the world of sport.
- Publishing intelligence that is valued: Our multimedia platform publishes all year round to 105,000 sports industry leaders. We are unashamedly content-driven in everything we do with news, reports and research that matters.
- Recognising and developing the best people in sport; Our Leaders Sports Awards search for and recognise companies and individuals shaping the future of sport, whilst our professional development leadership courses help industry leaders get better.
- Market Intelligence and Analytics – Critical and timely global data and intelligence needed to support daily business decisions.
- Networks – Access and connectivity to globally relevant networks, such as league operators, team owners, facility operators, vendors, brands and merchants to facilitate knowledge sharing, best practices, commerce and opportunities across the global sports, technology, media and entertainment ecosystem.
- Events – High value events with local to global perspectives through data-driven content and access to relevant industry thought leaders, practitioners and investors.
- Media – Delivery of real-time news, insights and analysis from industry and functional experts.
About Leaders Group
Leaders Group is a global intelligence platform that is the first source of information to sports and gaming business professionals to optimize their corporate performance. Leaders Group’s portfolio of exceptional companies includes Sports Business Journal, Leaders, Newzoo and The Esports Observer. Product and service offerings include: