Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund and Bundesliga 2 side VfB Stuttgart have won the annual “Pitch of the Year” award. Both clubs have impressed with an excellent pitch quality at Dortmund’s SIGNAL IDUNA PARK in Dortmund and Stuttgart’s Mercedes-Benz Arena in the recently concluded 2019-20 season.
The accolade is given away by an expert panel which consists of members of the Deutsche Rasengesellschaft e.V. (DRG), who are also part of the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga’s expert commission for the seizure of pitch quality in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 stadiums.
2019-20 Award Winners
1. Borussia Dortmund – SIGNAL IDUNA PARK
2. RB Leipzig – Red Bull Arena
3. FC Bayern München – Allianz Arena
1. VfB Stuttgart – Mercedes-Benz Arena
2. SV Darmstadt 98 – Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor
3. DSC Arminia Bielefeld – SchücoArena
The award was introduced in the 2013-14 season to honour the best pitches in Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.