Wednesday , February 21 2024

CAF Goal of the Year Shortlist revealed, Voting now open for Fans!

Football fans will have the last say on who walks away with the CAF Goal of the Year category for the 2023 CAF Awards as voting opens for the next few days.

Voting is now open HERE !

An expert panel has selected 12 amazing goals from the various CAF competitions to be voted for by the sporting public. The public vote account for 70 per cent of the process, making the award special compared to other categories. The other 30 per cent is decided by CAF Technical Experts.

Voting opens today via the CAF website and closes on December 8, 2023.

The winner will be revealed at the CAF Awards Gala on Monday, December 11, 2023, at the Palais des Congrès, Movenpick, Marrakech, Morocco.

Here are the nominees

1. Alex Ngonga (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real

2. Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso, Bournemouth) – Burkina Faso vs Eswatini

3. Jennifer Owusuaa (Ghana, Ampem Darkoa) – Ampem Darkoa vs Sporting Club Casablanca

4. Khaled Bousseliou (Algeria, USM Alger) – AS FAR vs USM Alger

5. Mahmoud Abdelmenem ‘Kahraba’ (Egypt, Al Ahly) – Al Ahly vs Al Hilal

6. Mahmoud Saber (Egypt, Pyramids/Zed FC) – Egypt vs Morocco

7. Mohamed Dhaoui (Tunisia, Al Ahly) – Tunisia vs Zambia

8. Nadege Nguessan Koffi (Cote d’Ivoire, Sporting Club Casablanca) – Atletico FC VS Sporting Club Casablanca

9. Patient Mwamba (DR Congo, TP Mazembe) – TP Mazembe vs AS Real

10. Saul Coco (Equatorial Guinea, Las Palmas) – Equatorial Guinea vs Botswana

11. Teboho Mokoena (South Africa, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Al Ahly

12. Refilwe Tebogo Tholekele (Botswana, Mamelodi Sundowns) – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Sporting Club Casablanca

About Press Release

Check Also

CAF TSG Group releases AFCON 2023 Best XI!

The Confédération Africaine de Football (“CAF”) Technical Study Group (“TSG”) has released the Best XI …