In light of the incidents that occurred during the Valencia CF – Real Madrid CF match at the Estadio de Mestalla, LaLiga have requested all available images in order to investigate what took place. Once the investigation has been completed, if any hate crime is identified, LaLiga will take the appropriate legal action.
LaLiga will also investigate footage of racist insults allegedly directed at Vinicius Jr. from outside the Estadio de Mestalla.
LaLiga has been proactive in the face of all racist incidents against Real Madrid CF player Vinicius Jr. Accordingly, LaLiga has filed reports on nine occasions in the last two seasons with the RFEF Competition Committee, the State Commission against Violence, Racism, Xenophobia and Intolerance in Sport, the Hate Prosecutor’s Office, and the Courts regarding the following incidents:
- FC Barcelona – Real Madrid CF: October 24, 2021.
- RCD Mallorca – Real Madrid CF: March 14, 2022.
- Atlético de Madrid – Real Madrid: September 18 2022.
- Real Valladolid – Real Madrid CF: December 30, 2022.
- The “Banner in Valdebebas” incident prior to the Real Madrid CF – Atlético de Madrid Copa del Rey match: January 26, 2023.
- RCD Mallorca – Real Madrid: February 5, 2023.
- CA Osasuna – Real Madrid CF: February 18, 2023.
- Real Betis – Real Madrid: March 5, 2023.
- FC Barcelona – Real Madrid: March 19, 2023.
We remind you that, in order to speed up the identification of any person or group of people who engage in racist behaviour inside or outside any stadium, LaLiga has set up an email address StopRacismo@laliga.es so that fans can contact LaLiga and provide the necessary information to help file the relevant reports.
LaLiga has been fighting against this kind of behaviour for years, as well as promoting the positive values of sport, not only on the field of play, but also off it.
#LaLiga needs to act & act decisively against #racism.
Lipservice doesn’t just work.
And its not just #Spain but around the world in #football, more than just messages need to be taken.
— Arunava Chaudhuri | arunfoot (@Arunfoot) May 21, 2023