The newly elected Managing Committee of the Delhi Soccer Association (DSA) held its first meeting on Saturday, December 2 in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by new DSA president Dr. Shaji Prabhakaran.
Before the start of the meeting a two minute silence was observed by the MC remembering the late Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, former AIFF President for his contribution to Indian football.
A lot of discussions and decisions were taken to bring Delhi football to the forefront of Indian football development.
Following decisions were taken unanimously at the meeting:
1. DSA will appoint Men and Women State Coaches for Santosh Trophy and National Women’s Championship 2017-18 season through a transparent process. A three member committee is formed to compelete the process by December 15, 2017.
2. Competition calander for 2017-18 season will be finalised by December 20, 2017. The pending competitions involving Senior Division, A Division, B Division, Institutional League, Youth League and Women’s Championship will be initiated soon.
3. DSA to finalise a coach education policy and eastablish a coach education centre by January 2018 including the release of the various course schedule.
4. DSA to appoint full time General Secretary, Technical Director and an Accountant by February 2018. A three member appointment committee is formed to finalise the recruitment process.
5. DSA to lanuch a stakeholders Registration and academy licensing system. A committee is formed to finalise the policy and timeline for its implementation.
6. A club income generation scheme to be launched including DSA specific assistance program to clubs. A three member committee is formed to finalise the modalities to implement the plan.
7. A taskforce to be formed for Infrastructure partnership by December 10, 2017.
8. DSA in order to strengthen its governance and various functions have decided to form independent judicial bodies including a Reform and Governance Committee and An Advisory Panel. Other important Committee would be the DSA Ethics Committee.
9. N.K. Bhatia, Treasurer DSA will be the official spokesperson of DSA with immediate effect.
10. A three member independent DSA Women’s cell will be formed by December 10, 2017 to deal with women’s players issues.
11. A referee development programme to be finalised by the end of January 2018. A 5 member panel is formed to finalise the development programme for Referees.
12. DSA to request specific support from AIFF for the development of football in Delhi.
13. The calender for 2018-19 season will be notified by April 2018.
14. DSA will launch a new elite competition for clubs in the new season, called Delhi Premier Football League with 6 to 8 teams. The criteria and licensing aspects for clubs will be finalised by March 2018.
15. DSA will launch various youth, school, women’s and other competitions in the 2018-19 season including an elite institutional league.
16. DSA will develop a new brand identity and marks soon. It will be a 360 degree rebranding exercise and a tagline will be finalised following a contest.
17. DSA will promote absolute transparency is every aspect of its function and the organisation will adopt a proactive measures to promote transparency.
18. A finance management policy for DSA will be finalised by December 25, 2017 and the finance committee will be formed.
19. A welfare fund will be created to support the needy members of Delhi Football family, especially for players, ex-players, officials, etc to meet the health related emergencies. A committee is formed to finalise the policy.