All eight member associations who expressed interest in hosting the 2021 FIFA U-20 World Cup have confirmed their participation in the bidding process by submitting the relevant terms and conditions by June 21. As some have opted for a joint application, a total of five bids will be in the race as they prepare to submit their proposals by August 30.
In accordance with the Overview of the Bidding Process, FIFA will review and assess the bids received, and a final decision is then expected to be made by the FIFA Council at its next meeting in Shanghai, China, on October 23/24.
The bidding member associations are confirmed as follows:
- Bahrain Football Association, Saudi Arabian Football Federation & United Arab Emirates Football Association
- Brazilian Football Association
- Football Association of Indonesia
- Myanmar Football Federation & The Football Association of Thailand
- Peruvian Football Association