Following an invitation to all member associations (MAs) to express their interest in submitting a bid to host the 2021 FIFA U-20 World Cup, eight member associations have responded before the deadline of May 21, 2019. While three MAs have expressed their interest in bidding individually, the remaining five wish to propose two joint bids, totalling five potential bids.
- Bahrain Football Association, Saudi Arabian Football Federation & United Arab Emirates Football Association
- Brazilian Football Association
- Football Association of Indonesia
- Myanmar Football Federation & The Football Association of Thailand
- Peruvian Football Association
In accordance with the Overview of the Bidding Process distributed in April to all MAs, FIFA will dispatch all bidding and hosting documents to the MAs who expressed their interest on May 24. The deadline to submit the bids is August 30, with the host expected to be appointed by the FIFA Council at its meeting in the fourth quarter of 2019.